Monday, January 21, 2008

Thankful for Matthew (Rewind to Thanskgiving)

Thanksgiving Weekend
Matthew has been nothing short but another miracle for our family. Thanksgiving Weekend we planned his blessing. That meant we had a very special Thanksgiving. For turkey day we had so much fun. Grandma coordinated a huge dinner. Tom and Julie's family came along with Julie's wonderful brother and sister's families and we were lucky to get Jen and Steve's family from California for that week. It was so much fun. Our 10 foot kitchen table (no that is not a typo) was filled for once! Thanks to everyone who made our turkey day special and memorable- Julie your family really knows how to cook!
Grandma Bird with Matthew (Grandpa Bird was here but very sick. Thanks Grandpa for still coming!)
Granma Dorothy with Cousin Wade & Matthew

My mom, bro's & me (we look so unanimated here- we really are fun- uh, I think!)
Our little Family. Pictures with 3 kiddos can be tricky (what I really meant to say was painful)
Granma Dorothy and almost all of her grandkids
(Top: Emily, Lauren, Ryan, Tommy, Weston Middle: Kylie holding Wade, Granma holding Matthew, Alyssa Bottom: Ellie & Payton)
And, I am sure most of you moms can relate to this- poor Matthew is my third and things just don't get as built up for him! Like, for Ellie and Emily's blessing we had all these family members taking notes during the blessing and a big dinner after. We got to Matthew's Blessing and I thought to myself oh no no one is jotting down notes. Thanks to Grandma Bird- she recorded it and took notes. Having said all that I think he is the most loved little man in the world. He lives up to the title "Little Prince".

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Way to go, Grandma Bird! I totally understand the third child syndrome...I DID try to record Davis' blessing...but the microphone in the chapel wasn't working and no one could even hear Jeremiah, much less record or take notes. We have NOTHING from the poor little guy's actual blessing! :-( So sad!

I want to see a picture of the ten foot table!

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

OH my! Better than that sometime when you are in Fallon let me know and we will have you to dinner! Then you can experience the 10 foot table!

Rebecca said...

I say get a digital voice recorder. We start it recording and then put it in Matt's pocket and you have the whole blessing right there and it can be transcribed word for word. We even record other blessings too that we want to remember.

How happy was Brandon to have a baby boy?