Friday, May 2, 2008

Updates

Alert: This is an update on the cool things my kiddos are up to. You may want to skip this post if you are not family! As for our family- this is required reading for you- just kidding!
Ellie
Ellie's preschool year is quickly coming to an end. Her teacher, Mrs. Stark, has been an absolute blessing. I could not have planned a better preschool experience for my little girl. Everyday they do art, pretend play, math, and work on letters and reading. Her class puts on a play the last day. The funny part is the content of the play is suppose to be a secret. However, each day she tells me that I will love the end when she squirts me with water! I love that we have no secrets :)

She is enjoying dance too. Her 3rd Recital is coming up in June. This time she will be a lovely wind blowin' leaf.


And, I have decided to finally get out my sound cards and begin to teach her to read. Those that know me (or put up with my uniqueness) know how I have looked forward to this day for so long. My plan since Ellie was a baby was to not push her academically but to let her be a kid. I felt like she would let me know when she was ready to learn to read. Well, each day she writes her alphabet down on a paper and is into the whole concept of print thing! So, Ellie and I set up a little classroom in our laundry room and have officially started The Birdie School! She has a real desk and we have all the open court sound cards up. She loves it, I love it, and Emily tolerates it!


Emily, Emmy, Emma, Hm-Dog, Him Dog, and now M-Cat ...
Each day Emily decides what she wants to be called. Her top 3 right now are Emmy, Emma, and M-Cat! If I happen to call her by the wrong name on any given day, standby! She corrects me immediately with "I Emmy" (or whatever her choice is that day). It is very cute. She spends the day and night in dresses and leotards- I am not exaggerating. I tried bribing her with candy, stickers, and toys as rewards for potty training. However, the only thing that worked was rewarding her with dresses. When she uses the toilet she gets to wear a dress or keep her dress on. She loves it and I really LOVE it! She has gone the last 3 days with no diapers- YES I may permanently have only one in diapers soon!


Matthew
And then there is our little prince who does not realize he is a third child. This little man is so spoiled. The girls continue to be loving towards him and extremely concerned about him. He crawls everywhere, sits up, stands up and walks a little if he can hold on to something (like the couch). Matthew is finally gaining weight. The other day I picked him up and he finally felt heavy- well heavier at least! His little legs and chin almost have rolls of fat. Oh, one more Matty fact- he spends a lot of his day making funny spit sounds and just smiling. He even tries to smile when he is sad.

Thanks for induldging me by reading about my kiddos. Many times, this last week especially, I have just been struck with feelings of love and gratitude for my children. They are my life and I really am so blessed to be their mom.

Okay, friends remind me of this if you see me stressed out by my children crying, screaming, or doing some other typical kid thing!

4 comments:

The Stockards said...

No wonder you are such a happy mom! You have adorable kids. Great updates!

Lewieville said...

You know Lisa I don't think I have ever seen you stressed out with your kids! (maybe that's because I haven't been around for 2 years! hehe) btw this is traci lewis

Liz said...

Lisa,
It looks like we will be driving straight through Fallon in a few weeks on our way to Disneyland. Please email me your phone number, so we can arrange a get together. I don't have your email. I would love to see you and the kiddos.
lizpratt77@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Birdie School, I love it! I hope I'm as good a mom as you are. Thanks for sharing an update on the kids.