Wednesday, April 23, 2008

2008 River Olympics Training Camp

Shh! Don't tell Brandon I have secretly snapped pictures of him during his rigorious training. But, Dirty Bird, Boss, Leatherfoot, Jirus, Woody, Eagle and Fupa I am worried you will have no chance against Deputy Jared. He trains every morning and night. See what I mean . . .

The Hang will be nothing for him by August. He hangs from this pole in our garage with both girls hanging on each arm. He is up to 2 hours and 27 minutes and 2 seconds.
He plays Pac Man all night. In my sleep I hear him and Ellie cheering everytime he scores over 100,000. YIKES- Eagle you better memorize the Pac Man patterns better.
Then there is the Resistance Pull. Deputy Jared has come to terms with this being his weakest event. So, he turns our 15 horse power jacuzzi jets on and has our little princess hold the rope while he pulls himself up against the powerful current.
This is actually Brandon without his rash guard. This year, he might remove the rash guard at competition time to intimidate- Watch Out
Finally, after a long day of training Deputy Jared falls asleep on the couch so he can let his muscles repair themselves so in the morning he can saturate them with lactic acid all over again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, why did you post pictures and comments about my secret training camp? Now I won't be able to use the element of surprise to my advantage!

Brandon

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

I didn't know you checked our blog. Oh no- you caught me! Brandon- come on if the other 7 Olympians do not start training there will be no competition for you come August. That would not be fun. It may be cool but not fun. I've got your back Brandon- we've got to INTIMIDATE to MOTIVATE! Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

This is the best yet by a LONG SHOT

thebirdflock said...

LOL! That is awesome!

birde said...

Son, I am so proud of you.
Love, Mother

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

So Rhino- is Long Shot a reference to Brandon's old nickname in fantasy football- creative!

Fenn Family said...

Too Funny! I love the training shots they're great! I was laughing out loud. I can't wait to show Drew!!!!

Heidi said...

Okay, for those of us not in on this little event...some explanation, please? I love the training shots...Brandon, I mean, Deputy Jared, you are such a manly man.

Anonymous said...

On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off! Lisa, you have truly come into the humor of the Bird Family! I love this post!

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Heidi- great question :) In a nutshell it is 5 days once a year when 8 overweight, middle aged men get together and have a little serious competition on who is the best at each of these funny events. They have an opening ceremony, speeches, my sister in law Ami does a video for the opening cermeonies. I think this year there will be a weigh in too. It is just so funny to watch them. The fun part is days of relaxation on the Colorado River with lots of games, good food, and peace! Brandon 2 years ago was a little chubby for the competition and so the next year, a more fit Brandon became Deputy Jared in honor of Jared on the Subway commercials! 3 of the guys are commisioners that actually plan it each year.

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Oh, Heidi- did you look at my Easter post? Matthew is wearing the most adorable little outfit from someone you know! Thanks for the cute clothes!!

Heidi said...

That is hilarious! What a fun family...great traditions!