So how many of you have received a lot of emails about recent entertainment programs negatively depicting the LDS faith? I know my email box has been filled with these. I get a horrible feeling when I read those emails. Then, I came across this article on lds.org and it left me with a feeling of encouragment and hope so I thought I would share.
I am always proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. However, when I read the following article from lds.org I was really proud of my faith. I love how this article is bold but not offensive. It is clear but most importantly not filled with contention. So many times I notice reactions to something/someone attacking us are filled with the ugly sentiment of contention. This gives us all a wonderful example to follow in how to deal with adversity, disrespect, or simply being misunderstood. Elder Hales and Ballard encourage us to always act with dignity and respect... this is something we should all consider and ponder, huh? Wow, always is quite the challenge!
Take 5 minutes to read the article below. Whether you are a member of the LDS faith or not, it is worth the time it will take you to read it.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Thank you for sharing, Lisa. That was so helpful for me. I just feel so nervous and unsettled when I read or hear about others ridiculing things I hold to be sacred. How grateful I am for the example of great leaders!
btw...so glad to see a post from you!
Lisa, I got an email from my friend with that article and it too uplifted my spirits about all the negativity our church receives. I totally agree!!!
Thats a good one. Im glad you posted it.
Thanks Lisa!
Post a Comment