On Tuesday Ellie had her first official day of kindergarten. The day before I cried and as I dropped her off I was teary eyed but no tears actually fell until I got home! It turned out to be a wonderful day for her. She LOVED it. She told me about the lunches some of the children had. It was so cute. She said you can't buy these lunches at the store, you have to buy them at the school- yuck, my child thinks school lunches look appealing!!
She really likes her teacher. I think knowing she has a great and kind teacher makes this new experience easier. The best part has been Brandon's role in her school day. He is going to drop her off every morning and stay till school starts. The school put him to work since he is hanging out till he goes to work. Here he is changing the marque on the first day of school. Ellie loves having him there too for a little while each day.
Emily and Matthew missed Ellie so much. Grandma Dorothy bought them cute little lunch bags and I pack them a lunch each day too. This has worked out to be fabulous! When lunch time comes the prep is done and we just walk outside to the yard and have a little picnic. Hopefully this process lasts because I love it. 




No comments:
Post a Comment