Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Special Easter Day Traditions: Jerusalem Dinner

Well, I realize Easter was a month ago but it was really special.
Here are our beautiful girls and handsome boy in their Easter Clothes!
Emily holding her pink sparkle shoes she got in her Easter Basket. (I totally forgot to take pictures of the kids with their Easter Baskets)
JERUSALEM DINNER

Our annual Jerusalem Dinner. We had honeycomb, lentil soup, grape juice, nuts, figs, cucumber, grapes, hummus- cause mom loves it, flat bread, and of course the kicker . . . the fish with eye balls scales and tail attached. Dad and Brad thanks for catching the fish the day before! We each put on our robes and had a wonderful meal with our hands and on the blanket.


This year Brandon washed our hands and feet before the dinner and talked to the girls about Christ and the last supper. It is getting so fun- Ellie is now old enough to remember ask questions about Easter- LOVE IT!

The fish- after!

5 comments:

Deena said...

How did that fish taste? Because it looks kinda disgusting. :)

Heidi said...

I think you guys are about the best mom and dad I know! What great experiences you are providing for your beautiful children! Love the suspenders...

Anonymous said...

Yea, how did the fish taste!?!? I never would have thought to teach kids this way. Ya'll are so smart!

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Thank you ladies- we have you all fooled! The fish was yummy- the best yet (that doesn't say a lot). Brandon just soaked it in butter and lemon. You should all start this with your families. I found this in a book from Deseret Book Store. Anyway Heidi- love the hand-me-downs. We are getting lots of use out of them. Amanda- we drove by Huntington Beach a few weeks ago and shouted Hi to you! Hope you heard :)

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Glitters Mama- I am loving your random thoughts. It makes me sad all over again I never officially got to room with you back in the day :) Dr. Mario must have the best entertainment in the world!