Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Grass Seed , Diamond Ring, and Some Tears


Well, two Saturdays ago we planted grass. We worked for over 15 hours getting the backyard ready that day and finally planted the seed in the dark ! About 3 hours into the day I decided to take my ring and put it inside for safe keeping. My mom laughing said, "Oh is your desk the best place to put that?" [I guess mothers do know best]. I rolled my eyes and assured her that my children never touch things they should not touch. We laughed. Well, hours later I was tired, sore, and went to retrieve my beautiful ring. Guess what- no ring. I was frantic on the inside and calm on the outside since I always tell my children people are more important than things (I wasn't feeling that statement in this situation). Finally after about 10 minutes we got Ellie up to ask her if she took my ring. She was half asleep but insisted she had not.


In the meantime, Emily is telling me that a monster took the ring and put it in the her nightstand. Finally she said an Ellie Monster took it. I had Emily take me to where the "Ellie Monster" took the ring. We looked through her nightstand and Ellie's nightstand- no ring. I figured Emily was using her brilliant imagination and I was not in the mood to appreciate it. Then she mentioned the jewerly box. I quickly looked but there was no diamond ring- just a piece of tissue wadded up and I thought gross- that needs to be thrown away once I find my ring.




I am frantic on the outside now, going through everything around the desk for like the tenth time. My mom is going through the trash- not fun I am sure. More time passes and Brandon gets Ellie up again. This time he walks her around the house to wake her up. Finally, she lets us know she did indeed have the ring. After walking through all the places she took it she finally really wakes up and remembers she took it to the jewerly box. In the wadded up tissue that I had seen before is my beautiful ring! It is a much cleaner, shinier ring then before. She had taken the ring and washed it and wrapped it up in a tissue to dry so it would be really clean for me when I came in from planting grass- now how can you be mad at that? However, it was about 45 minutes of an emotional roller coaster. Overall not a fun experience, but a really happy ending!

No comments: