Oh my, where does time go? Here is a recap of somethings we missed blogging about. I want to get these on here in case I ever find a blog printing business that I like and can print my blog!
EmilyShe is mommy's girl. Her favorite place is home- this is not an understatement. We can be driving down our street, just leaving home, and she will announce, I just want to go to my home and my castle (her swingset). She is so sweet and patient with Matthew even though he daily practices wrestling moves and football tackles on her. She LOVES books and has expanded her TV viewing from just Little Bear to also Max and Ruby or Maggie and the Beast. Em likes to say she is Ruby and Matthew is Max!
Ellie
Wow, when did the teen years and all the stuff start at 5! She hardly ever is allowed to watch Hannah Montana but for some reason she is in love with this character. I can't figure it out. She spends lots of time still dressing up but now usually has a microphone and is singing and dancing.
Ellie recently has started sneaking up on me and saying , "I am sneaking on you Mom, just be careful what you do!" Ellie and Brandon left for Texas last Wednesday and she told Brandon and I she would be sneaking on him during the trip to make sure all was okay. This was followed by her pointing to her eyes and then Brandon's as she said, "I will be sneaking on you Daddy!" I can't wait to hear what she found out as she was "sneaking" on him!
Matthew
Matthew will keep me young for a long time. He looks just like Brandon and he has Brandon's energy, maybe more. He is adored by his sisters and adores them. Typical guy, he shows his loves for El and Em through tormenting them! He does have a very tender, loving side though. He is the exact opposite of Emily in that he loves to GO! He cries if someone is leaving and he has to stay. His favorite place to be is outside. Grandma Dorothy thinks he will be the type of child that spends most of his time on adventures outside!
Matthew will keep me young for a long time. He looks just like Brandon and he has Brandon's energy, maybe more. He is adored by his sisters and adores them. Typical guy, he shows his loves for El and Em through tormenting them! He does have a very tender, loving side though. He is the exact opposite of Emily in that he loves to GO! He cries if someone is leaving and he has to stay. His favorite place to be is outside. Grandma Dorothy thinks he will be the type of child that spends most of his time on adventures outside!
Bedtime
Taser Gun
Brandon volunteered (don't ask, I can't explain it) to be tasered (spelling?!) at work. Below is the fish hook that penetrated his skin and delivered the shock. He said it was painful. I have a video of it but can't bring myself to put it on the blog. You'll have to come by to see it at our house- it is too embarrassing to share over the web.


Larry spilled a huge things of flour or maybe sugar over our table and then preceded to walk across the table. Ellie and Brandon set a trap for Larry and taunted him with a piece of gold. However, once again, 10 years now, Larry outsmarted the Leprechaun trap.
No, this is not the chairs pushed over to ensure Matthew's safety! Although, our house looks like this a lot due to Mr. Monkey :) This is another thing out tricky little leprechaun did.
Larry the Leprechaun
Every year since I began teaching I have been haunted by St. Patty's Day. Larry the Leprechaun finds me no matter where I am. This year the damage was not so bad, thank goodness since I have been very tired! Here are some pics Brandon took of how things were when the kids woke up.
Grandpa and Grandma Haney & Grandpa Bird Visit
Back in March we had a wonderful visit with the grandparents from California. Oh my, Grandpa Haney came and just worked so hard on projects we never thought we would be able to do. We felt so blessed. He ran electricity to the back of our yard and then decided to cut the cement in our driveway to relieve stress help it from cracking too much. And Grandma Haney was so adored by our children. Emily kept saying "I need Grandma Haney" even after she left. Of course the kids were super excited to see Grandpa Wayne too. Ellie enjoys playing around with Grandpa.
Thanks for coming and visiting us. It was so much fun even though I got sick. Thank YOU Grandma Haney for stepping in and tending my kids when I was ill.
Grandpa Wayne, Grandpa Haney and Brandon cutting our driveway




3 comments:
Your kids are adorable, we are so glad we get to live close and watch them grow up!
I am so glad you finally updated! I didn't know you are pregnant! Congratulations! I love Larry! Very, very tricky, he is. His footprints look suspiciously like a fist.
You are a computer girl so you are probably familiar with this company, but I just printed my blog with a company called blurb.com. It was reccommended to me, so I gave it a try. The book should be here soon. I'll let you know what I think.
Post a Comment