Last Wednesday Brandon, Matthew and I headed into Reno at 4:45 AM for Matthew's outpatient surgery for his ears and adnoids. He was such a good little patient. After getting checked in and getting his wrist band info right (they had him down as a female) he was taken by a nurse and put to sleep with the gas mask. Then they put an IV in and about 30 minutes later Brandon and I were brought back to his recovery area. He didn't wake up for 2 hours, they thought it would be 10-20 minutes! After he finally woke up I just sat in the rocker next to his recovery crib and rocked him for another couple of hours. He was so sleepy still and very limp. He did great and can I just say that even though we had 5 ear infections in 2 months while waiting to get into this ped ENT Specialist, it was TOTALLY worth it. She was wonderful and thoughtful. The nurses kept telling Brandon and I that she is the best at ENT problems. Wish us a lifetime of no more ear infections or breathing problems- our little guy sure deserves it!
I just have to laugh at the wrist band thing! When I questioned the F on the band as indicating Female, the very nice nurse admitted she never even knew what the F on the bands of the children stood for. When I told her I thought it meant Female she quickly went to find out. Sure enough it did! She kindly made a new band for our little man with the letter M!
And this little boy just had surgery?!? The nurse said he will feel so much better because his little ears will finally not hurt. He even doesn't mind the burning ear drops I have to put in. I think he is just happy to not hurt in his ears constantly!




5 comments:
I may need to get the name of that ENT...ours is a mission pres in Oregon! :( So glad everything went well!
Oh, Courtney Garrett. Her partner Bud West has been around for awhile. THat happens to be her dad. I don't know anything about him but like 90% of her cases are ped cases. She is WONDERFUL. At my first appointment I had to literally leave and take EMily to the bathroom 2 times to throw up and she was so understanding and nice about it. She has 3 year old twins. Oh and she took 2 weeks in May to go to Peru and do surgies for children who have problems- I think she called it a medical mission. Can you tell i like her?
That little picture of him in the bed made me cry. Even though it wasn't major surgery, how did you keep it together? I'm so glad he is doing better!! Give him our love!!
He looks so much like Brandon in this last picture! I'm glad it all went good!
He looks so much like Brandon in this last picture! I'm glad it all went good!
Post a Comment