Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spring Dance Recital (The Firebird)


Another recital already? Wow, it was Ellie's 3rd Spring Recital and Emily's first. They were adorable and I was really proud of my dancers. At the Saturday Night performance I was selling cookies and talking with a mom watching her 18 year old daughter's final dance recital with the Horne's Studio. Oh, she didn't realize she was talking with someone who detests how her children are growing up. This mom was crying as she recalled her daugther dancing at 3 and all the way through the years to 18. She kept saying, where did the time and years go? Oh, Ellie is only 5 and man that is exactly how I feel. Why does time have to go by so fast?

Ellie and Emily as Woodland Fairies. Mrs. Karen and her daughter Katie were in this dance with the little ones. Em is on the far left and Ellie and is in the middle with her hand up making a bridge with another little Fairy.



Em in the middle! On Friday night's performance she was a free spirit- dancing all over. By this performance (third) she was a little tired.


Ellie and another little Fairy making the bridge the little girls danced through. Em is in the middle of dancing through the bridge!



Emily and Emily are next to each other in the picture in the middle. Ellie did an awesome job helping all her friends remember the moves.

This was Ellie's tap class at the end of their panther dance. It was so cute. Ellie is the first from the left in the second row.


Here is Ellie in the front of the prowling panthers tap dance.

A bit of Ellie's Jazz dance . My battery ran out!

1 comment:

A Musing Mother said...

Wow. The talent is amazing! I hope someday I will be as good.