Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blog Interrupted... Wonderful Husband & Sick Kids & Sweet Grandma

Brandon and I were blogging late Sunday about Yellow Snow when Emily started screaming at the top of her lungs. Brandon ran to get her and found Emily covered in throw up. Covered doesn't accurately describe it! We figured Emily was sick.

Soon we discovered that our disoriented Ellie was the throw up girl and little Emily was simply the victim of her sister's sickness. Thank goodness for Brandon- he cleared the gross sheets, got Ellie and Emily clean, and slept on the cold tile floor with Ellie. Sweet Grandma Dorothy listened to Emily tell the story in her own 'words' over and over during the middle of the night and then helped me keep my kids going when I fell ill. Emily could not get over that she was woken up by throw up covering her from head to toe. I made a nice little sick bed for Ellie on the bathroom floor and gave lots of snuggles. The throwing up continued for Ellie late into the night. I followed Ellie in getting sick but made a quick recovery. Matthew suffered through it too. - UGG!

What made this experience worth it? Ellie thinks I got sick so that she wouldn't have to be sick anymore. She told Grandma that I prayed she wouldn't be sick anymore. I love this girl!

NOTE: Thank goodness, my first instinct this time was not to get the camera!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, yuck...so sorry. Did Emily avoid becoming sick? If she did, she's a very lucky girl!

Heidi said...

What a great husband you have! I, sadly, am always stuck with the throw up...Jeremiah puts on a really good gagging show and somehow always gets out of it.

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Brandon gags too and over time has really stepped up. The first few times he couldn't do it but is building up an immunity to it now I guess! We make deals at our house. There are things Brandon can't bring himself to do and things I can't handle!! DEAL or NO DEAL at the Bird house!