Brandon bought Yellow Snow from a guy in Lake Tahoe who had stored the truck in his garage for the past 30 years, waiting for Brandon to come (ha ha). He is so proud of this purchase and drives it to work everyday. His boss calls it pathetic (a statement I might be inclined to agree with!) Brandon says, "Before you judge Yellow Snow know the following:
- It is a 1979 Ford Courier
- It has 30,000 original miles on it (NOTE: 30,000 not 300,000 miles)
- It does not leak oil
- The cigarette lighter still works (I still don't see why he tells me this one since we don't smoke)
- The original radio still works (Hey Brandon, does that include FM too? ) Brandon says "NOPE"
- 4 new tires (this is where we didn't want the original)
- It has the original owner's manuel in the glove box with the salesman's business card- think we should call him?!?
- Not one tear in the upholestry (Lisa wouldn't know- she is scared to sit in it)
- Windshield wipers work w/ fluid spray (NOTE: Brandon doesn't dare drive it on rainy or snowy days though)
- The camper shell is insulated
- Brandon claims to have driven Yellow Snow at 85 MPH- Lisa says he was going 8.5 MPH
- All electrical components work
- Get this. . . BRANDON HAS RECEIPTS OF EVERY OIL CHANGE DATING BACK TO 1979 INCLUDING EVERY OTHER ENGINE FLUID
Good Job Brandon! He is quite proud.
Any guesses on how much he paid for it?




9 comments:
50,000?
I'm on board with Brandon...Good Buy...It's such a Bird vehicle! I guess $8K.
$2,000. And, yes I say give the salesman a call and let him know Yellow Snow is still running!
BTW, I bought a year 2000 chrysler voyager with 12,000 miles on it for $5,900. That was a steal! I got it in 2005...it has a lot more miles on it now!
Wow, your guesses are so high- that is flattering to Brandon! He got it for $1000. Rebecca- you are a deal woman too. Amanda- I think you are right, it is a Bird vehicle-LOL
Rebecca- the blog you did on Michelle made me cry. I went to Michelle's blog also. Does laura have one?
Laura doesn't have a blog, but she mentioned she might start one soon. I'll let you know when that happens.
I love it!!! Good job with Yellow snow...plus I really love the name.
Shoot...I wanted to guess before I read...oh, well, my guess would have been $500.00. Still, $1000 is pretty good! Brandon is a humble man.
Post a Comment