It was a gift to all the kids from us and Grandma and Grandpa Bird. The kicker was Ellie had been saving/ wanting this car for 3 years. The day I bought it she discovered it not even knowing it was in the car under the blanket. Crying she told us that we should take it back. However, Christmas morning after she opened everything up she admitted that she thought the car would be there! About ten minutes later we told her to look under a blanket in the kitchen. There it was- the car of her dreams. It has been a lot of fun. Em, Matthew, and "Elizabeth" the doll have had lots of rides in it. Ellie is perfecting using the reverse which will be good for our poor garage walls and fence. THE KIDS LOVE IT! The day after Christmas we were heading into town and Ellie got into the Barbie Car. She seriously thought we would let her follow us all the way into town.
The day ended with a funny meal. I didn't know what to make. We had just recently had all the main things we usually have for Christmas. So, I did a few seafood things which were yummy and then experimented on a pork dish for the non-seafood people. The pork turned out yucky-that's putting it nicely! The poor Stockard's put on a great act of liking it but I am sure really didn't enjoy it a bit! It made for a good laugh though.




2 comments:
These pictures make me miss you guys. I can just imagine Ellie face when she got the prized "Elizabeth" doll. Fun times! I hope we get to see you guys again sometime.
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas, we miss you!!
Post a Comment