We might not have dogs or fish for pets but we did have beautiful painted lady butterflies in our house. They were fun. Ellie loves animals and for her birthday received a butterfly house. We mailed away for the caterpillars and received them in the beginning of September. They were cute little caterpillars for about a week. Then they were in their chrysalis' for a week. Now they are beautiful painted lady butterflies that spend their days munching on orange slices. We have all enjoyed it so much.
Did you know they eat with their toes and have over 10,000 eyes. Yikes- I hope they enjoyed looking at us.
Here are pictures of Ellie and Emily releasing the butterflies. We used Tom and Julie's yard so the butterflies would have yummy flowers to snack on. Thanks cousins and we hope you get to see our pretty painted lady butterflies.
Did you know they eat with their toes and have over 10,000 eyes. Yikes- I hope they enjoyed looking at us.
Here are pictures of Ellie and Emily releasing the butterflies. We used Tom and Julie's yard so the butterflies would have yummy flowers to snack on. Thanks cousins and we hope you get to see our pretty painted lady butterflies.
LOOK CLOSELY- there is a butterfly in every picture below.




3 comments:
Go check out my newest post on my blog...I must be crazy!! LOL!
What fun! I'm sure Ellie was a great butterfly mommy!
I bet your girls had so much fun experiencing that! Bonnie would love to do something like that, but I know she would freak out when the butterflies diidn't come back!
Post a Comment