Friday, September 19, 2008

Matthew is One

One year ago today our life was altered forever. A handsome little boy was born into our family. At first we did not know his name but we knew he was perfect and a wonderful addition. After a day we knew he was not a Sam or a Brady. We named him Matthew Heath. Can you believe it has been a year? Where does time go?
Looking back, I can’t believe Matthew came 3 weeks early and was healthy, alert, and did I mention handsome?! I was so scared I would not make it to the hospital. And when I arrived dilated to a 7 I knew why! Matthew was an early bird from the very beginning.
He has had a happy disposition revealed through a gigantic smile that hardly leaves his face. He loves to laugh. He loves to climb. He loves to play in water! Most of all he loves to be around Ellie and Emily. He feels like Ellie is a personal little second mommy to him and that Emily is his exclusive play partner. I have a feeling this set-up will become permanent. His sisters adore him.
I love this little boy so much. I have cherished the little and big moments I have spent with Matthew over the past year. He makes me genuinely laugh (which accordingly to my nephews is hard to do) and I benefit from seeing the world through his innocent eyes.
I can’t wait to watch him grow up and see what his many talents will be. At the same time I want him to stay little forever!

Happy Birthday Little Prince…

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Time flies, doesn't it? They seriously grow up way too fast!! You are a great mother to your sweet little ones. What a nice tribute to your son. You should put it in his scrapbook...so he will forever know how much you love him!

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Oh thanks. I have wonderful kiddos-I saw your pretty necklace- beautiful!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday, Matthew! What lucky people you are...Matthew to have a mom who loves him so much and the mom to have such a sweet son! May it always be so.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynsey said...

What a big boy, we are so glad Zach has a cousin close to his age. We had a great time hanging out with you last week. Miss you