We did a simple little dinner - potato bar thanks to Julie who dropped tators off to us. Then we opened presents. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Bird, Grandma & Haney, and Grandma Dorothy, Stockard Cousins. The clothes and books were perfect for our little man. Finally the girls unveiled Matthew's big gift... a Toot's the Train. This train is so adorable. During Matthew's nap the girls helped me set it up which worked out perfectly because they got to play with it. It is voice activated. That meant when Matthew saw it for the first time they were excited to show him and not take it from him.
Finally, as the video below shows, Matthew completed our 1 year old birthday tradition. We put a pile of books(knowledge), pile of balls(sports), and pile of money (riches) out and see which pile our 1 year old is naturally drawn to. Watch below to see where he goes.




8 comments:
I wonder what the girls chose when they turned one?
Becca- I miss you so much :) Books and Sports. So, we have 1 of each
I loved watching Matthew. Thank you for your wonderful tradition.
Love to All.
Linda
Lisa, you are just amazing! Every time I look at your blog, I just think how you are probably the best mother ever! If there was a contest for #1 mother, you would for sure get MY vote and I'm sure your kids too!! They are very lucky!
Thank you so much :) I could say the same thing about you. Isn't being a mom the best thing ever?!? I love it.
Lisa! I found you through Liz's blog. *happy smile* I love that tradition for a 1 year old, and I just love that he chose money. That is too funny. I thought for sure he would have chosen the books or balls. Very cute.
feel free to visit my blog at:
leegelukbook.blogspot.com
That is such a cute idea with the choosing of what he will be when he grows up! I might do that.
It's shiny things! You could have put down tin foil and he would have chosen it. What if it was dollar bills? I think you weighted the event unfairly.
Post a Comment