I am about to admit something that many may not know about me....Deep breath... my name is Lisa and I am addicted to news and politics and of course to my children most of all.
I spend my valuable free time watching anything to do with politics and read all the fun political blogs that may bore others. Ellie even talks about it. I have to say that this week has felt surreal. I cried, literally cried, listening to Biden and Obama at the Convention. Political party choices aside, Do you comprehend the history that has been made. Wow, I felt so honored to live in a time that 45 years after MLK's "I have a dream" speech, Barak Obama would be nominated to run as President. What a moment.
And then, this morning to watch McCain pick Sarah Palin to run as his running mate - it was like a dream. A woman for VP. Actually, a woman and mother of 5 children, one who is a 4 month old baby. As a woman and mother of 2 girls I am proud. Her speech was also inspiring and I literally felt like I was in a dream. I loved that honored Hillary Clinton.
I am so proud to be an American Woman and look forward to the next 2 months filled with lots of political news, views, and good conversation all leading up to November 4th when we each get the power to vote and choose who will run this country. I love this country.
No matter what your political affiliation is, this is indeed a great race.




1 comment:
I love you, Lisa! Thank you for your fresh and spot-on perspective! This really IS a great race.
Post a Comment