Ellie celebrated another birthday. I failed in my attempt to have her go back in age rather than forward! She said I have to let her grow up. Like most of you probably, I am struggling with that! Time goes too fast.
Well, I have to take a moment to explain why my little Elisabeth is so special! Here we go . . .
Well, I have to take a moment to explain why my little Elisabeth is so special! Here we go . . .
Five years ago I entered the St Judes Hospital not knowing if I would be having a Madison Reese or Samual Heath. As fate would have it, a beautiful little girl came into our family that day. When Brandon returned the next morning I had to explain to him that I just knew this little angel was not a Madison- as lovely as that name is!
I was overwhelmed with memories of my great great Grandmother Elizabeth Reese Claybourne who is one of my heroes. So, Brandon and I quickly thought of what this little one would be called as a nickname since Elisabeth is a big name for a little babe. We had both loved the name Ellie and it fit her perfectly. I cannot believe how fast 5 years has come and gone and all the memories we have made that I will forever treasure. I would not change one thing about my little angel. She has a strong spirit and character and lives up to the special name she was given.
That is our little girl's story! We are so grateful to have her in our family. I could easily put the description 'best' in front of everything she does. She is the BEST big sister you will ever find. She loves Matthew and Emily. She is one of my BEST friends and she is without a doubt my BEST helper. Most importantly she makes our family the BEST it can be.
Here's to you Miss Ellie! May all your dreams come true ....




1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ellie you are the BEST niece. Love, Auntie Lynsey and Uncle Chris
Post a Comment