Well, Brandon and I are busy people, just like anyone that has small children! So holidays are extra special days to slow down and enjoy the moment. Brandon made my mother's day so special this year. It was a stress free day filled with yummy food and great surprises. This year he didn't spend the day mourning the loss of a mother cow (whole other story that is just too funny and most be told in person). Later in the day I enjoyed pampering my hands with Julie, Lauren, Alyssa, and my mom. It was so much fun!
FATHER'S DAY
My children are so lucky to have a special dad. They were very excited to pamper their dad on Father's Day. For those of you that have known Brandon for a long time you are most likely aware of his dreams! He always has wanted a sit down riding lawn mower (John Deere) and a dog named Sandy or Tyler. Well, after having 2 cats he is cured of the desire for a dog- oh darn! However, he still wants that lawn mower. So, for Father's Day he got a donation to the 'Dream Fund' and a few special things from the girls. But, as is typical & sad for our Father's Day Celebrations, we didn't get to spend the whole day together. He had to leave early in the afternoon for his business trip to SLC. Last year I had to leave at 4 in the morning on Father's Day for a business trip too- what are the chances! I guess it wasn't so bad for him though- he got some great fishing time in Utah before and after his conference.
Usually, Brandon and fishing would be no surprise. However, the day before Father's Day he had what will go down in our history as the worst day of fishing ever. His brother Chris was unlucky enough to join him in the adventures. I still don't know all the details of the day since he says it is too painful to talk about! However, I know it involved Walker Lake, which is a bad word in our Family now, the boat that he use to love, trying to save 30 minutes, getting the boat stuck, truck stuck, having no water in 100 degree weather for about 8 hours, a flat tire on the truck, and wonderful friends (the Bice Family) who came to his rescue. If you see Brandon don't mention Walker Lake- he says he will never return to that cursed lake!
MY BIRTHDAY
I had the best birthday. We spent the day in Reno. First we went to San Rafael Park and had a blast with Curious George. The girls loved the park. They had pony rides and Ellie and Brandon rode the Log Ride. Emily stood in line but as they were loading into the log they said she was not quite tall enough. Ellie was so brave and held a huge snake. Emily wasn't interested nor was I! Next we had way too much of great food at Blackbear while Emily and Matthew slept in the stroller. We ended the day doing something that many people wouldn't want to do on their B-day! We basically got a huge boost to our 1 year supply of food. Recently, this has been on my mind a lot in light of all the tragdies in the world. I can't imagine what it would be like to have no food and try to explain to you children why they are starving. With our 3 kids, we spent almost 5 hours in the grocery store filling a total of 5 carts. Needless to say, we received a lot of strange looks and comments from people. I overheard a couple of people ask the cashier why we had so much food- she just shrugged her shoulders! 





1 comment:
serious, the last picture...SO CUTE!
Post a Comment